The Alaska Adult Education Association (AAEA) formed in 1977 to assist in the development of an effective education program for adults in Alaska; to promote the professional development and training of practitioners in the field of adult education; to encourage further cooperation between practitioners, administrators, government officials, and citizens of Alaska in the delivery of adult education services; and to foster recognition of adult education as an integral part of public education.
AAEA membership is open to anyone interested in growth, advocacy, or leadership in the fields of adult and community education.
AAEA sponsors an annual fall membership meeting and awards banquet open to anyone involved with adult education in Alaska.
Learn More ›
Educate & Elevate Campaign
Some 55,000+ Adult Education leaders stand united in a national campaign to move learning opportunities forward for all Americans to achieve economic and social mobility. If you are an adult educator, stand with us in this national campaign to help policy makers understand the value we bring to students, workers, and businesses in contributing to social mobility and economic growth. If we educate, then we elevate.
Campaign components include:
- A national survey of adult educators to understand what they need in their state and local landscapes for advocacy and outreach
- Outreach Campaign Toolkits for organizations to tailor and use for advocacy efforts
- Educational webinars and coaching with national marketing and communications experts to leverage the Campaign Toolkit for your advocacy efforts
- An expansive website to collectively share adult learner and employer success stories, testimonials and the innovations taking place across the country in Adult Education
- A campaign video to use on your state and local websites to educate target audiences about our national efforts.
- Campaign Community of Practice for peer-to-peer learning
- Regular eblasts on campaign progress and highlights from across the country in adult education innovations and successes